Monday, June 28, 2010

Michigan State Time Trial

 June 20th was the Michigan State Time Trial Championship.  Since I missed this race last year because of flooding this my my first time ever doing this race.   The course however I am very familiar with, the distance not.   My category was slatted to do 40k, which is a very unpleasant distance for an individual time trial.  The course was a 20k out and back that you did two laps.  The road was Hines Drive, a fairly scenic road near Detroit.  As usual though the roads were garbage and you had to constantly avoid potholes and cracks in the road.

Before the race started I was already on an off week, Mt Pleasant took a toll on my body and I was still tired.  Then...for the second time this year I forgot to bring my heart rate strap to a time trial.  Oh well, I still gave it the 100% I had left.  The race was hot and hard.  The temp off the road had to be near 100°.  After one lap I wanted to just call it a day, my body hurt and I just wasn't comfortable in my time trial position to make good power.  I still gutted it out though and finished 12th.  Since it was my first 40k I will just write it off as a learning experience, next year I will be ready!  Oh, if you notice they have me 13th on the results.  There is no way the guy in 12th beat me, I will just leave it at that.  There have been far to many timing and scoring errors this year.

Full Results

No comments:

Post a Comment