Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ridley Damocles

This past week I built up a new Ridley Damocles ISP.  While I wasn't intending to get a training/ alternate race bike till the winter a deal surfaced I couldn't pass up.   So, the old Novara finally will get fully retired as a bike for Marisa to use.  While it rode many great races for me last season its time was well past due and an alternate race bike.  

The Damocles is the work horse of the Ridley bike line.  This thing is built for any race from giant mountains, to cobbles.  My main interest in this bike was for training and those few races in Michigan that are really hilly and those races that are so bumpy it feels like your riding on cobbles.  Geometry wise its almost identical to the Noah.  What's more impressive is this bike is lighter, even though I built it up with some cheaper lower end components.  This past weekend I had the chance to break it in on some of the more hilly areas of Michigan in the upper peninsula.  All I have to say is I love it, most my hours riding from here on out will be spent riding this bike.  The Noah will just have to settle for a few criteriums and flat road races.

No comments:

Post a Comment