Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waterford Hills Spring Training Series #1

My first mass start race of the year is out of the way...sigh.  It was another cold and windy day but at least the sun was shinning.  The race was an hour long and very fast paced.  The first half if the race was easy, but I could tell at that point I didn't feel very good.  I just didn't have the energy and hadn't recovered well from work/training during the week.  At the half way mark there was a sprint for a $10 gas card...big trouble.  Going into the final corner I got caught up in the aftermath of a crash and was forced to do some riding through the grass.   This crash would ultimately cause the field to split.  After I rejoined the peloton I decided to sprint up and join the breakaway.  As I arrived though three more riders had just attacked out of the break, I was to tired to attempt and join the leaders.   They would end up winning.  The chase group I was in later gave up and the peloton rejoined us.  At this point I shut it down to save some energy for the sprint at the end.  I got 6th in the sprint to take 9th overall.  It wasn't a bad result considering how bad I felt.  If the crash didn't cause me to lose so much ground I probably would have been in the break.  Oh well, that's racing. Hopefully next weekend goes much better.

Full Results

No comments:

Post a Comment